Friday, September 12, 2008
Sarah Palin and Aerial Hunting of Wolves and Endangering Wildlife
Fact: Republican Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin not only condones the aerial hunting of wolves and bears, she actively promotes this barbaric practice of hunting down wolves and shooting from low-flying aircraft or helicopters, chasing the wolves to exhaustion, and killing the animal at point-blank range.
* Palin approved a $400,000 state-funded campaign to promote this awful practice.
* Palin has proposed a bounty of $150 for every severed left foreleg of a wolf that hunters produce.
* Palin sued the Department of Interior to eliminate protection of the imperiled polar bear.
* Palin questions the science on global warming, even though her state of Alaska is already gravely affected.
* Palin is in favor of drilling for oil in the Alaskan Coastal waters and the National Wildlife Refuge, putting at risk the polar bear and the Cook Inlet endangered Beluga Whales, which may soon be permanently listed under the the Endangered Species Act.
She may be pro-life, (an issue that does not does not even belong in the political arena), but obviously she does not consider all life in our world to be of importance. We should not want an
unqualified woman with this type of backward policies in a leadership position in this country, and all the while only a heart-beat away from the top leadership role.
A vote for Palin and McCain, (I put them in that order on purpose because it is obvious that is happening) will be a vote of backward movement in too many areas of our society, including environmental issues, the present wars and future war issues, women’s rights, gay rights, stem cell research, education. It will be "more of the same" of what we have endured for nearly eight years.
For the sake of our future, and of our children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren I hope people, especially women, will carefully think about what is now at risk in the November Presidential election. I know for damn sure, I want the best for my family’s future and I believe the Republican ticket will only bring more damage to this country and to our world standing.
Support the television ad of the Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund and help to put this video on television. http://www.defendersactionfund.org/