Monday, February 9, 2009

President Obama and his Openness

Tonight I saw our new President Obama displaying leadership, openness, and passion in his long press conference. I saw in him and in his intelligent answers to the media questions a directness and openness that I don’t believe we’ve ever had before with our previous Presidents. It was refreshing and promising.

I liked this that he said:

“Now, despite all of this, the plan's not perfect. No plan is. I can't tell you for sure that everything in this plan will work exactly as we hoped, but I can tell you with complete confidence that a failure to act will only deepen this crisis, as well as the pain felt by millions of Americans.

“Now, my administration inherited a deficit of over $1 trillion, but because we also inherited the most profound economic emergency since the Great Depression, doing little or nothing at all will result in even greater deficits, even greater job loss, even greater loss of income, and even greater loss of confidence.

“Those are deficits that could turn a crisis into a catastrophe, and I refuse to let that happen. As long as I hold this office, I will do whatever it takes to put this economy back on track and put this country back to work.”

~ Linda

No comments: